Let’s start by watching a comedy clip on BP. Now for BP Spills Coffee (YouTube) http://youtu.be/2AAa0gd7ClM
Now let’s look at the spill from the opinion of the Chicago Business Ledger:
We will get back to that in a moment. Here’s some questions I answered this week:
Very impressive on how many people you have following you on Twitter. Can you share your secret with the group?
It’s really a combination of 2 items: time and software. I have build the following up over a period of several months. I use software to target new followers by keyword. Nothing magical about it.
I need suggestions for company name(m motivational speaker) & tag
I’m sure folks can come up with suggestions. I would prefer to share possible approaches:
- You can play with words though something called Think Map Visual Thesaurus at visualthesaurus…. To retry it free, just refresh the screen.
- There are other brainstorming tools like http://bubbl.us/.
The best thing to do is to utilize tools, see what the subconscious generates and keep refining.
Here’s some advice I gave the person Mr. J, who is writing his first book:
- Getting something accepted by a publisher is not easy.
- It involves submitting queries to agents, who are your best source for approaching publishers
- In the case of the international homeopathic consultant I know, he won’t have difficulty, because of his contacts in the field.
- I once bumped into someone who went to the University of Iowa writer’s program. He had no difficulty, because he knew the faculty, who were all published authors (I.e. it’s the best writing program in the U.S.)
- After going to enough writers conventions and talking with authors, I know how they made breakthroughs
- If you ever think of self-promotion, I would recommend reading The Well-Fed Self-Publisher: How to Turn One Book into a Full-Time Living by Peter Bowerman (see amazon.com/Well… ).”
Now back to BP
See how BP handled the coffee spill? Not much different from how they handle the oil spill.
Remember the nursery rhyme “Humpty Dumpty”? There’s a line that goes like this: “All the king’s horses and all the king’s men, couldn’t put Humpty together again.
What’s that supposed to mean – you ask? BP – like all major oil players – have deep pockets (or had?). They can afford to hire the best academic and industrial consultants, to help them solve this spill problem.
Can the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, or other oil companies contribute anything, that these hired top guns can’t?
If I recall ABC news correctly, the number of infractions BP had – compared to other companies, like Exxon or Mobile – is a factor of several hundred fold. These are U.S. Government infractions.
Remember the comedy video, where they are contacting Kevin Costner? Kevin had a series of what I call flop productions. It was said the critics called Water World – Fishtar.
It appears Kevin is involved in some multilevel marketing scheme, selling gizmos that separate oil and water. He was on ABC news plugging these gizmos.
Now he’s trying to sell these gizmos to BP. Maybe these were once miniature devices, where they would be sold to the general public. Perhaps they would be on an infomercial for $19.95. Did they just pump the size up, for the BP disaster?
Help from out friends
A wiser course of action is to get some of these friends of ours – like China and Russia – to contribute some oil skimmers. Of course, the CIA, etc., will have to monitor them for “spy” activities.
Or have some of our super computers run simulations – see if the proposed BP solutions will actually work.
Speaking of working – I haven’t heard anything from the Republican circuit – how would they handle this crisis differently, from the democratic circuit.
- One Republican said to have the U.S. taxpayer fund the cleanup cost.
- Why then do they object every time they talk about extending unemployment benefits?
Wiki has some interesting conjectures on Humpty Dumpty at en.wikipedia.or…. It says that
- “humpty dumpty referred to a drink of brandy boiled with ale in the seventeenth century”.
- “humpty dumpty was also eighteenth-century reduplicative slang for a short and clumsy person.”
As the clock ticks away, who will finally save the day?