Using twitter should be a skill on all business applications. It is a boost to credibility with countless testimonials to prove it works. Twitter direct message is not a new option but this week a news report displayed the misunderstanding that comes with twitter direct message.
Donts and dos for Twitter
- Don’t tweet too often (10-20 a day).
- Don’t forget to tweet a little ( once per month).
- Do use Twitter direct message as often as possible.
- Do consider the contact you’re sending a direct message to.
- Don’t slam people in a twitter direct message because this will happen to you.
Know Who Your Friends Are
When using direct message as with any messaging system remember that these are permanent statements and can taking to other authorities with or without your permission. As was the case for Sarah Palin’s spokeswomen just early this week. According to Newser a source receiving negative message using twitter DM took those messages to the news and now Mansour no longer has anything to hide.
- On Bristol Palin‘s former plans to marry Levi Johnston: “I wish they were the Cleavers too. But it’s life. Two words: Patti Davis. Okay three more: Ron Reagan Junior. Two more: Billy Carter. Doesn’t your family have one?” Then: “She will hold her at arm’s length. Even Thatcher was never able to disown her screw up son Mark. It’s a Mom thing.”
- On Joe McGinniss: “Time to find a way to go medieval on this McGinniss. Don’t be fooled by the light tone of the [Facebook] post. The BigBoss is so upset by this.” Then, in response to an unknown message: “I was thinking more along the lines of mailing him a dead fish.”
- On endorsing Nikki Haley: Palin “took a big risk in endorsing Nikki. You don’t pick a loser in SC. Very important state. Mitt has no hope of winning it, so…he could endorse a 4th place underdog ‘cuz his strategy for ‘12 is ignore the South. SC is crucial to someone like the Gov. She took a risk.”
- To supporters: “Hey can you remember to send BigBoss some love @SarahPalinUSA. She reads her RTs (now that she has the new BB Twitter app) & haters spam her.”
- DONT BE THIS PERSON!!! Keep some things to yourself
- Palin Aides Stoke Media Frenzy (huffingtonpost.com)
- Is The Daily Caller Releasing Private Palin Tweets Different Than The JournoList Emails? (mediaite.com)
- Top Palin Aide Tweets Leaked (blogs.abcnews.com)
- Tweet DM Helps Fight Congestive Heart Failure (congestiveheartdisease.co)
- Palin Shows How Nasty & Petty She Can Be (aksyrin.wordpress.com)
- Palin Aide Rebecca Mansour Mocked Daughter Bristol; Lied About Twitter Messages (alan.com)