How fast is Google Plus growing?
How fast is Google Plus growing? Let’s look at some recent articles between July and August 2011 examining this question:
- Google Plus Hits 18M, Suggests Facebook Users Ready to Migrate? Poll Google Plus Hits 18M, Suggests Facebook Users Ready to Migrate?
- Google Plus to Hit 20 Million Users by the Weekend Google Plus to Hit 20 Million Users by the Weekend
- Google Plus Reaches 25 Million Users, Activity Declines Google Plus Reaches 25 Million Users, Activity Declines
- How many millions of people are already using Google Plus? How many millions of people are already using Google Plus?
- Google Plus: How Fast Is Google’s New Social Network Growing? Google Plus: How Fast Is
There’s really no need to explore further. If you Google “google plus number users,” you will find dozens of similar articles.
So what does this tell us? In Google Plus Reaches 25 Million Users, Activity Declines, we find some interesting comparison statistics:
“As tracked by comScore and noted by Search Engine Land, this one month timeline for 25 million users means that Google has reached that benchmark 20 times faster than any other social site. (The next fastest was MySpace, which reached 25 million users in 20 months; Facebook took 36 months.)”
But the same article says that interest is declining. It mentions this: “Users Still Coming In, but Visting Less.” It goes on to say:
“According to a Chitika study, traffic peaked on the 21st of July and has been declining since. This is most likely due to the end of the initial rush of excitement.”
You can go to the Chitika website at Chitika and read their about page, to see what they are into. It says that “Chitika is a data analytics company in the business of on-line advertising.” Since they have been around since 2003, one can only assume that their study follows the guideposts of proper statistical and research methods.
So will Google Plus continue to grow or has it peaked out? Only time will tell.
In the meantime, there is a good article defining the Google Plus terminology.
The Ultimate Google+ Cheat Sheet The Ultimate Google+ Cheat Sheet
What’s new in the business world of comic books?
D.C. Comics is now coming out with 52 new book titles. This is covered in an article entitled DC Comics’ New 52 Reboot: The Complete … – New 52 Reboot: The Complete Guide. D.C. Comics has rights to movie characters like Superman, Batman and Green Lantern. According to the article, D.C. Comics is making great strives into the digital market with the new relaunch.
So there are some things to watch for.
- Will Marvel Comics continue to sell with their recent price increase?
- Will the D.C. Comics relaunch bring in increase market share?
- How will both publishers and the independents fair in the digital market?
What do you think?
- Google+ Usage & Traffic Slows as Buzz Dies Down (searchenginewatch.com)
- Google Plus Reaches 25 Million Users, Activity Declines (searchenginejournal.com)
- Is Google Plus traffic increasing or decreasing? (pandia.com)
- Has Google+ Already Reached its Decline? (insights.chitika.com)
- The Ultimate Google+ Cheat Sheet (hubspot.com)